5.09.2011

Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss (Stephanie Perkins)

Anna and the French KissMy Thoughts:

What I Know about France: Eiffel Tower.Louvre.Paris.Croissants.Crepes.Je voudrais un coca sil'vous plait. I went to Europe when I was 17 (Italy,France and Spain) Unfortunately we didn't visit Paris. I went to Southern France-Provence, Cannes, Nice, Nimes, Carcassonne-all absolutely GORGEOUS, like out of a movie. The food was amazing, there were incredible gardens, old castles, the Mediterranean...so I instantly liked the setting of this book.

I had no trouble getting through this sweet, romantic, cute, funny story. First of all it's set at a boarding school in France..um AWESOME. I easily connected with the main character, Anna, and her feelings of insecurity. I personally hated high school with a fiery passion. I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of a mean girl (or in my case mean boys).  And then there's St.Clair-oh I mean Etienne. Where can I get one??  I now have another literary crush.

The supporting characters really didn't do much for me, but I warmed up to them towards the end of the book. The writing style was easy to follow and I liked that the author didn't cute-sify the writing. There are some young adult books where some of the things the characters say make me cringe. Oh and then there are the descriptions of Paris-I felt like I could close my eyes and picture myself standing on Point Zero making a wish or standing atop Notre Dame looking down on the city.

Bottom Line: This book came highly recommended and it did NOT disappoint. I'm ready to go to Paris!   4.5/5 "Stars"

No comments:

Post a Comment