2.20.2013

My Thoughts: Through the Ever Night (Veronica Rossi)

Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)






*This is the second book in the Under the Never Sky Trilogy*








(Goodreads blurb/link)

It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both.

Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?


My Thoughts:
This is the sequel to Under the Never Sky. GO READ THAT FIRST! Then come back.

If you're looking for a scattered, ineloquent, drooly review, you've come to the right place.

Oh.My.Geez. This book was FANTASTIC!! From start to finish, there was never a dull moment. It's jam packed with action, adventure, turmoil, struggles, romance, twists and turns.  This book had absolutely everything you could want. SO FREAKING GOOD!!!

If you 've read Under the Never Sky but haven't picked this shining gem up yet,  DON'T WAIT ANY LONGER! I'm serious! You have NO CLUE what you're missing.

The writing is perfection.  I love Aria and Perry so much. SOOO MUCH.  It's rare that I love a "side" character as much as the main characters. But let me tell you, that Roar is something else.  His character is written extremely well and if there was a spin-off series surrounding him I would read it in a heartbeat.  (If you haven't read the novella Roar and Liv- DO IT). 

I don't even know how to get my thoughts in order. Aria and Perry are reunited after months apart. Perry is now the Blood Lord of The Tides and finds himself torn between duty and love. Aria, being half Dweller and half Outsider feels like she doesn't fit in anywhere. Roar is still devastated and consumed with wanting to find Liv. And all the while the Aether storms are getting worse and threatening to destroy everything and everybody. The only hope is to find the Still Blue. BUT that presents some difficulty as the person who knows its where abouts is blackmailing Aria and can't be trusted.

SO MUCH HAPPENS in this book. I'm not even going to attempt to put it in logical order. THE ENDING. AHHH.  The chemistry between Aria and Perry! The way my heart breaks for Roar and Liv!
You HAVE to read this book. You just do. You just do do.

Favorite Quotes:
"Love is a rebellious bird that nobody can tame.” 

"We lose and lose, but we're still here. Shaking in place, afraid of doing something. I'm tired of settling for this because I don't know if something better exists. It has to. What point is there otherwise? I can do something about it now. And I will.” 

Bottom Line:  Through the Ever Night is an exciting, heart pounding, nail biting follow-up that has me desperate for the next book in this fantastic series! 5/5!

1 comment:

  1. Just today my best friend/ fellow blogger Janhvi and I came across this book in the book store! But we haven't read the first in the series yet (which wasn't there in the store sadly) so we'll first read that obviously and then move onto to Through the Ever Night! I will read this soon. I really will. ;) I WON'T WAIT ANY LONGER! Hahaha! Absolutely smashing review, Elizabeth! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete