8.18.2013

Bout-of-Books Read-a-thon Goals!

Bout of Books  This here's my reading list for the Bout of Books Read-a-thon that STARTS TOMORROW GAH! I'm ready! I've been preparing with brain exercises and finger crunches and nap marathons. I figure if I get all my sleep in BEFORE the a-thon starts I can go without as much for the week. That's how it works. Right? Right.  ON TO THE BOOKS!
 
I picked 5 books that I want to read this week.
The best books to read for any a-thon, in my opinion, are easy to read, relatively short and will keep your attention. So I picked a graphic novel, 3  not so long contemps and one slightly massive dystopian.  To finish all these books will mean I will have to read a minimum of 213 pages PER DAY. Challenging? Yes.  Do-able? I think so.
 

1. Vampire Academy Graphic Novel (Richelle Mead)  144 pages
2. The Disenchantments (Nina LaCour) 307 pages
3. A Really Awesome Mess (Trish Cook & Brendan Halpin)   275 pages
4. The Darkest Minds (Alexandra Bracken)  488 pages
5. Sloppy Firsts (Megan McCafferty)  280 pages

Total Pages to Read: 1494

Other Goals:
Participate in 2 challenges
Write a review for every book read (This will be the most challenging for me!)
 
 
This is my first week-long read-a-thon but I'm excited to not only read a crapton but also participate in some chats and challenges! I am BRAND new to Twitter. Like I just created a twitter account a couple weeks ago. Still getting the hang of it, haven't posted all that much. But I'm officially part of the Twitterverse. Now I just need an iphone and I'll feel caught up with the technology.
Anyhoo, if anybody out there is interested, my Twitter name is @ElizzabethK  
If you're participating in the read-a-thon, I'd love to know what you're planning on reading! Leave a comment or hit me up on Twitter!
 
WOOT.
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Yay Vampire Academy! I haven't heard of the rest, but A Really Awesome Mess is a fantastic title! ;) Good luck this week and have a fantastic time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always happy to see Sloppy Firsts on reading lists and TBR piles. Megan McCafferty's Jessica Darling series is my favorite series of all time. I read those as they were published and had to wait a year or years for the next book to be published. AND The Disenchantments is among one of my favorite books too. I hope that you like them!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things about the Jessica Darling series and figured it'd be an easy read for the a-thon. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. A Really Awesome Mess was a really fast read and pretty good!
    I'm doing 200+ pages a day as well, so good luck on that! I hope you make your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe " Nightmare on Bookstreet" I love your blog name!! :D Your book choices look awesome. Ill have to come back and see what you think about the Darkest Minds. I've heard good and bad. lol Good luck on your goals.

    http://bemusedbookworm.weebly.com/1/post/2013/08/bout-of-books-80.html

    ReplyDelete