4.23.2011

On My Wishlist (#1)

On My Wishlist is hosted over at Book Chick City
Here's a small sampling of books I'm desperately wishing to read.

Inside Out (Inside Out, #1)Inside Out (Maria V. Snyder)  April 1, 2010
 Goodreads Summary:
Keep Your Head Down.
Don't Get Noticed.
Or Else.
I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? The only neck at risk is my own…until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution.
Why I want it: I LOVEDLOVEDLOVED Maria's Study Series and really enjoy her writing style. Bonus factor dystopian. This is right up my alley !

Flying Blind (The Dragon Diaries, #1)Flying Blind (The Dragon Diaries #1) (Deborah Cooke) June 7, 2011
Goodreads Summary:
Zoë Sorensson is perfectly normal, except she's been told she's destined for great things. Zoë's the one female dragon shapeshifter of her kind. But Zoë is at the bottom of the class when it comes to being Pyr and her powers are AWOL, so she's sent to a Pyr boot camp.
Zoë quickly realizes that she has to master her powers yesterday, because the Pyr are in danger and boot camp is a trap. The Mages want to eliminate all shifters and the Pyr are next in line-unless Zoë and her friends can work together and save their own kind.
Why I want it: Although this cover is not so good....it's about DRAGON SHAPESHIFTERS ! They are my new favorite thing.

Knightley Academy (Knightley Academy, #1)Knightley Academy (Knighley Academy #1) (Violet Haberdasher) March 19, 2010
Goodreads Summary:
The first commoner accepted at a prestigous boarding school uncovers a conspiracy that could lead to war.
Why I want it: A boarding school for knights. I'm in.





Suicide NotesSuicide Notes (Michael Thomas Ford) October 1, 2008
 Goodreads Summary:
I'm not crazy. I don't see what the big deal is about what happened. But apparently someone does think it's a big deal because here I am. I bet it was my mother. She always overreacts.
Fifteen-year-old Jeff wakes up on New Year's Day to find himself in the hospital. Make that the psychiatric ward. With the nutjobs. Clearly, this is all a huge mistake. Forget about the bandages on his wrists and the notes on his chart. Forget about his problems with his best friend, Allie, and her boyfriend, Burke. Jeff's perfectly fine, perfectly normal, not like the other kids in the hospital with him. Now they've got problems. But a funny thing happens as his forty-five-day sentence drags on—the crazies start to seem less crazy.
Why I want it:  I just do.

Vanish (Firelight, #2)Vanish (Firelight #2)(Sophie Jordan) September 6, 2011
Goodreads Summary:
To save the life of the boy she loves, Jacinda did the unthinkable: She betrayed the most closely-guarded secret of her kind. Now she must return to the protection of her pride knowing she might never see Will again—and worse, that because his mind has been shaded, Will’s memories of that fateful night and why she had to flee are gone.
Why I want it: More DRAGONS ! I lovvveeed Firelight. And this cover is GORGEOUS.



Smokin' Seventeen (Stephanie Plum, #17)Smokin' Seventeen (Stephanie Plum Series) (Janet Evanovich) June 21, 2011
Goodreads Summary:
 Where there's smoke there's fire, and no one knows this better than New Jersey bounty hunter, Stephanie Plum. The bail bonds office has burned to the ground, and bodies are turning up in the empty construction lot.  To make matters worse, Stephanie is working out of a motor home she shares with a dancing bear, and Joe Morelli's old world grandmother has declared a vendetta against her.  And just when Stephanie decides it might be time to choose between the two men in her life, Morelli and Ranger, a third man from Stephanie's past moves back to Trenton...
Why I want it: I have been reading this series forever.  TEAM RANGER !

4 comments:

  1. You've got some great choices here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Flying Blind on my buy list too - dragon shifters! I haven't read the Firelight series, I'll have to check that one out.

    Yeesh, Janet E's up to 17? And she still hasn't picked between Ranger and Morelli? I'm with you, team sex god Ranger. I quit a bit ago, I couldn't keep up with her.

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara-I keep reading the Janet Evanovich series in great hopes that Stephanie will one day choose Ranger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! Some I haven't heard of and will now be adding to my tbr list. New follower too! Shari over at myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete