1.16.2012

My Thoughts:Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices Book 2) (Cassandra Clare)

Cover: Love.

My Thoughts:
So I LOVED Clockwork Angel, and picked this one up right after I finished the other. It's freaking fantastic.  I love these books more than The Mortal Instruments.  Jem could be partly to blame for that fact. I am totally TEAM JEM. all the way. I love him. Forever. The end.

*I try not to reveal spoilers,but there may be an accidental one*

So basically in this book, Charlotte has 2 weeks to find the Magister (Mortmain) or risk losing her position as head of the Institute to Benedict Lightwood. Will has a secret that he hasn't told anyone, not even his parabatai Jem. He decides enough is enough and goes to Magnus Bane (who by the way is also one of my favorite characters) for help. I'm not going to say what the secret is, but it explains why he acts the way he does towards people.  Tessa and Jem grow closer,  but Tessa still struggles with feelings for Will.  This kinda gets on my nerves. (Tessa in general gets on my nerves sometimes) I feel like a lot of books I've read lately the girl is torn between 2 guys, one an obvious choice (who she usually ends up with) and one whom she likes, but ultimately doesn't feel "that way" about and just ends up leading him on. I am totally in love with Jem, and if Tessa is leading him on or breaks his heart, there's gonna be a fight. I'm just sayin.
 There is betrayal by someone who was thought to be trusted. There's more a-holeness from Tessa's brother Nate. New love.  Secrets revealed.  Death. Action. Kissing.
This review really isn't doing the book justice. It's fantastic. FANTASTIC.   The end sets up the next book PERFECTLY.   I need book 3 LIKE NOW.

Favorite Quotes:
"His beauty did not blaze like Will's did in fierce colors and repressed fire, but it had its own muted perfection, the loveliness of snow falling against a silver gray sky."

"You cannot buy or drug or dream your way out of pain."

"Don't make it sound like that. Like some ordinary sort of grief. It's not like that. They say time heals all wounds, but that presumes the source of the grief is finite. Over. This is a fresh wound every day."

"He's very broken. Like a lovely vase that someone has smashed. Only luck and skill can put it back together the way it was before."

Final Thought:  FANTASTIC. Need I say more? 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment