9.04.2012

Top Ten Tuesday (#8)

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish.

As a lover of lists, I could not resist.

This week's topic is:

 Top Ten Books On Your Fall TBR List:

1. Days of Blood and Starlight  by Laini Taylor.  (11-6) Daughter of Smoke and Bone was one of my top favorite reads this year. Magically breathtaking. This is probably the book that I'm most looking forward to this fall. The cover is stunning.
Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #2)

2. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. (9-18)  I will read anything this particular author writes.  The Scorpio Races was another of my favorite reads this year. The Raven Boys sounds creepily awesome.
The Raven Boys (Raven Cycle, #1)
 
3. The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa. (10-23) The Iron Fey series is one of my favorites, I loved the world that Julie created and all the characters within. This spin-off sounds like a must read and from the excerpt I've read I'm pretty sure I'm right.

The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)
 
4. The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus Book #3) by Rick Riordan. (10-2) Love love love Percy Jackson and all associated books, Greek mythology fiction at its best.

 
The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus, #3)
 
5. Black City  by Elizabeth Richards. (11-13).  Another book on vampires? Sounds new, exciting and awesome, I'm in! Another great cover.
Black City (Black City, #1)
 
6. Notorious Nineteen  by Janet Evanovich. (11-20) This is book 354 in the Stephanie Plum Series...Okay #19. I know a lot of people who gave up on this series books ago. I'm hanging in there..for the sole reason that I have this persistent unending hope that someday, somehow, Stephanie Plum will stop being a slut and pick a man already! And by a man I mean RANGER. So I keep reading. Last book was a let down, the one before that was pretty good. I'm hoping this petal of a book won't have me throwing it across the room in annoyance. I've read this long, might as well continue on.
Notorious Nineteen (Stephanie Plum, #19)
 
 
7. Crewel by Gennifer Albin. (10-16) This book sounds AH-MAZING. I'll go ahead and list the goodreads blurb:
Crewel (Crewel World, #1)Incapable. Awkward. Artless.

That’s what the other girls whisper behind her back. But sixteen year-old Adelice Lewys has a secret: she wants to fail.

Gifted with the ability to weave time with matter, she’s exactly what the Guild is looking for, and in the world of Arras, being chosen as a Spinster is everything a girl could want. It means privilege, eternal beauty, and being something other than a secretary. It also means the power to embroider the very fabric of life. But if controlling what people eat, where they live and how many children they have is the price of having it all, Adelice isn’t interested.

Not that her feelings matter, because she slipped and wove a moment at testing, and they’re coming for her—tonight.

Now she has one hour to eat her mom’s overcooked pot roast. One hour to listen to her sister’s academy gossip and laugh at her Dad’s stupid jokes. One hour to pretend everything’s okay. And one hour to escape.

Because once you become a Spinster, there’s no turning back.
 
 
8. Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr (9-4) I love carnivals and this book sounds like it's gonna be a wild awesome ride!
Carnival of Souls
 
 
9. Lover Reborn  by JR Ward (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #10). (10-2) Now I realize the hardback of this book came out back in March. But seeing as I have all the paperbacks I had to wait. Love this series. Can't wait for more brotherhood action!! And I've heard what the next book is supposed to be about and I must say I AM SO FREAKIN EXCITED. Blay and Quinn!!

Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10)
 
 
10. Happier at Home: Kiss More, Jump More, Abandon a Project, Read Samuel Johnson, and My Other Experiments in the Practice of Everyday Life by Gretchen Rubin. (9-4) I read Gretchen's first book about 2 years ago called The Happiness Project. It was kinda life-changing at the time. Majorly thought-provoking. Loved her life examples and real-world writing. Although this particular book may not be as relateable to me as the other, I'm very much a fan of Gretchen and can't wait to read this.
Happier at Home: Kiss More, Jump More, Abandon a Project, Read Samuel Johnson, and My Other Experiments in the Practice of Everyday Life

4 comments:

  1. I love this list! I want to read them all (except I've never been able to get into Janet Evanovich, sigh). But YAY for the new Laini Taylor. That one seems to be the most highly anticipated from what I've seen this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading an advance copy of The Lost Prince-it's GOOD! I am listening to Daughter of Smoke and Bone right now, so we'll see if I am desperate for the next one. I haven't decided yet. Mark of Athena is on my list too! Here are my picks http://wp.me/pzUn5-1aL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! We have some of the same picks! Check out my TTT.

    New follower by the way.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I still need to read 18 in the Stephanie Plum series. I've been saving it for a bad mood day :D

    ReplyDelete