10.21.2012

My Thoughts: Lover Reborn (J.R.Ward)

Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10)
Lover Reborn is book #10 in the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series.

Ever since the death of his shellan, Tohrment has been unrecognizable from the vampire leader he once was. Physically emaciated and heartbroken beyond despair, he has been brought back to the Brotherhood by a self-serving fallen angel. Now, fighting once again with ruthless vengeance, he is unprepared to face a new kind of tragedy.

When Tohr begins to see his beloved in his dreams—trapped in a cold, isolated netherworld far from the peace and tranquillity of the Fade—he turns to the angel in hopes of saving the one he has lost. But because Lassiter tells him he must learn to love another to free his former mate, Tohr knows they are all doomed....

Except then a female with a shadowed history begins to get through to him. Against the backdrop of the raging war with the lessers, and with a new clan of vampires vying for the Blind King’s throne, Tohr struggles between the buried past and a very hot, passion-filled future…but can his heart let go and set all of them free?  (Goodreads blurb)



Cover: Hot and sexy.

My Thoughts:

Oh man. I don’t even know where to start with this review. 
Lover Reborn exceeded my expectations.   I literally could.not.put.it.down.  I DEVOURED it.
The title for this book is spot on. I feel as though the series is going through a rebirth of its own. And I likes what I sees.
As far as the writing, this one was definitely one of the best written of the series.  The story flowed very well and was easy to follow. No confusion. Which I appreciated.   The author did an amazing job with the story unraveling and once again I found myself completely in love with all of these brothers. Of course I have my favorites (ahem ZSADIST ahem), but there were moments while reading that just filled me with complete dread and devastation at the thought of losing any of them.  I have developed a strong connection to these characters and this world. It's easy to picture each and every one of the brothers in my head so clearly and the author does a great job of staying consistent with their mannerisms and how they speak and act.
  The big emphasis in Lover Reborn is the Brotherhood.  There’s not a lot of lesser stuff, which I really appreciated.  I may be known to have skimmed over those parts in previous books. No skimming needed this time. But don’t think that means there isn’t any action to keep you interested. Because there’s all types of action in this book. And not just the hot sexy kind. (Although I must say, those action sessions were well done.) While all the BDB books  mention all the brothers in them at some point or another, Lover Reborn focused on the story of Tohrment.  And man, was it a good one.  I felt as though I was living his hell with him. My heart broke with his.  His tears became my tears.  Dudes. No words.
 Last book we learned of a new threat to the Brothers.  There’s a new enemy in town that are known as The Band of Bastards and they present a deadly problem for the Brotherhood.  This story line is much more interesting to me then the lesser line, and they helped infuse a  newness to this series.  Things suddenly have become much more interesting and I’m excited to see where it’s going to go.  
For those who love the Black Dagger Brotherhood series as much as I do, this is a MUST read. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. . And for those whose love for this series was fizzling out, expect to have a rebirth of your own. 
Favorite Quotes:
"Nothing bubbled up from the depths. For once, the present was so alive and captivating that the past was not even an echo or a shadow-she was, in this moment, wiped clean."
Bottom Line: Action? check.  Hot, sexy vampire times? check.  Humor and laughs? check.  Tears and heartbreak? check. On-point writing and character development? check.     5/5 rating for Lover Reborn? check.

1 comment:

  1. YES, good gracious, yes. I'm almost finished with this one and I want to re-read the entire series. I LOVE the Brothers.

    ReplyDelete