10.25.2012

VA Museum of Fine Arts: Chilhuly Exhibit

Yesterday I went to the Va Museum of Fine Arts with my aunt. I haven't been there since probably high school when I went with my art class on a field trip. I love all types of art and can't believe it's been this long. The reason in particular for this visit was Chihuly.  Dale Chihuly is an incredible glass artist, and I was blown away by his stuff. SOO gorgeous.  Now for some pictures.



I can't even guess how they go about putting this glass art display together. My klutzy self would end up breaking something important.

This was my favorite part. You walk under this walk-way and look up and there's a beautiful glass display. A lot of the shapes reminded me of the ocean. GORGEOUS.




This one was hanging from the ceiling! HOW do they do it?

 
 
Moving into the other styles of art..




LOVED these unique clocks in the gift shop...I really wanted to buy one.


This statue was just outside, I loved him. 

Baby got back. :)
 

This skull is made entirely of cardboard. Super cool.
 
If anyone lives close to this museum, I highly recommend they go. There's always something cool going on and the Chihuly exhibit is DEF a must see. It will be there until February of 2013 I believe.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! I came to comment about books but got completely distracted by the glass!!! That is unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is amazing. That glass art is incredible. Can you imagine trying to move all of that stuff without breaking it?

    ReplyDelete