11.11.2012

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren.

I'm currently in Charleston, South Carolina and will have gone to Yallfest yesterday!! Hopefully I liked it :) I won't be back until Monday, so in the mean time I'm pre-scheduling this post to show off my latest book gets.

Kindle For REVIEW:

From Netgalley: Scent of Magic by Maria V. Snyder
Scent of Magic (Healer, #2)

I was contacted by a rep for Musa Publishing to review some young adult titles for them. I was given a list of all the possible summaries and I picked 7 from the list that interested me. I was sent all 7 of them at once.

From Musa Publishing (Thanks Liz!):

First Frost (Liz DeJesus)                                           Dragon Night (Stephanie Campbell)
First Frost                                                             Dragon Night

There are Giants in this Valley (Jack Hillman)                  Normalish (Margaret Lesh)
There Are Giants in This Valley                                                            Normalish

Persephone (Kaitlin Bevis)                                             Lost in the Bayou (Cornell Deville)
Persephone                                                            Lost in the Bayou

                                  The Last Timekeepers and the Arch of Atlantis (Sharon Ledwith)
                                                    The Last Timekeepers and the Arch of Atlantis

Some of the covers are a bit questionable..but the summaries sound good!!

Okay. SO I WON ANOTHER GIVEAWAY!! WOOT! This one was hosted by Rummanah @ Books in the Spotlight and the author E.K. Henry was giving away a e-copy of their book Freak. Love the cover! Thanks to Rummanah and the author!!
WON:
Freak
 
 
That's it for the e-books. I bought a couple books from Barnes & Noble and Target last week. It had to be done.
Let it Snow (John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myracle) and a bookmark- I bought these for a friend for her birthday. Although I do want to read this book :)

Days of Blood & Starlight (Laini Taylor)- OMG this cover is GORGEOUS!!! I Can't wait to start this one, but I want to get the full effect and am planning on re-reading Daughter of Smoke & Bone first.

Perfect Chemistry (Simone Elkeles)- I've already read this (on my Kindle I think), and LOVED it. Loved all 3 in the series. I mainly bought this one to take to Yallfest with me to get signed.

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (Mindy Kaling)- I LOVE Mindy Kaling and her new tv show The Mindy Project. She's soo funny. I generally don't buy books like this but I just couldn't resist.

AND I bought a second bookmark for myself. I LOVE Jack!
 
 
That's it for me. I'm sure I have more new books in my possession thanks to Yallfest, I'll post those next week.
 
Leave a comment with your IMM link so I can check out your goodies :) I'll comment people back upon my return!
 
 
 
                                                 


2 comments:

  1. OOh awesome!! I loooved Scent of Magic!!

    The others I have not read! Nice bookmark though! You can never have enough of those!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul! I, myself, can't wait to read Days of Blood and Starlight. I love the cover.

    Louisse @ The Soul Sisters

    ReplyDelete