12.03.2012

Christmas Holiday Reads

I love reading Christmas/Winter/Holiday themed books this type of year.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to find very many that sound promising. I don't like books that are too sickening sweet and mushy.

I currently have 4 favorites:

1. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling- The winter scenes in this series are very memorable to me and there's no place I'd rather be then Hogwarts during Christmas time.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)


2. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares (Rachel Cohn & David Levithan) This is THE PERFECT Christmas read and I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a sweet, funny, easy read to get you in the holiday mood. I'm planning on re-reading this later this month.
Dash & Lily's Book of Dares

3. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Dr.Seuss)- I mean this one is a no-brainer. Classic.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas


4. The Best Christmas Pageant Ever (Barbara Robinson)- I remember this book from when I was a kid and I loved it. It's been a while since I've read it, but I just placed an order :)
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever


After scouring the internets and Goodreads lists I've found some other possible Holiday reads to check out this month. I'm not sure how relevent some of these are but if they're on a list they have to be good.....right?
(Link will take you to its Goodreads page)

Skipping ChristmasLet it SnowThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #1)
Ex-masDecked with HollyMeet Me Under the Mistletoe
The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, #1)Little WomenSnowed In
Les MisérablesOne Day
 
Skipping Christmas (John Grisham)
Let It Snow (John Green, Maureen Johnson & Lauren Myracle)
Ex-Mas (Kate Brian)
Decked With Holly (Marni Bates)
The Golden Compass (Philip Pullman)
Little Women (Louisa May Alcott)
Snowed In (Rachel Hawthorne)
Les Miserables (Victor Hugo)
One Day (David Nicholls)
 
 
 
Have you read any of these?  Do you know of any other great holiday reads? Feel free to leave me  a comment :)




1 comment:

  1. I definitely want to read Let it Snow! Harry Potter, Little Women, and the Narnia books are all great holiday reads. I haven't read Dash and Lily's Book of Dares, but I might give it a try. (:

    ReplyDelete