12.01.2012

December TBR and other updates



(All I want for Christmas is to be here for Christmas)
 
It's officially December woot! Snow, hot chocolate, Christmas, presents, decorations, Christmas music, season of giving, end of another year. December used to be my favorite month, and in a way it still is. Like Thanksgiving, Christmas no longer holds that same powerful feeling it once did. Last year I was pretty much a scrooge and didn't put up a single decoration. Not this year! I'm well on my way to a decorated apartment and have been listening to Christmas music every day since AFTER Thanksgiving. I like giving people gifts but I LOATHE the actual shopping part. It causes me mucho anxiety. Usually I try to knock it all out in a couple hours because that's pretty much all I can take without going insane. My first nephew is supposed to born sometime this month and I'm sooo excited to meet him! I bought him a little Christmas onesie yesterday. I just can't resist baby clothes.
Look at the wittle feets!


SO. The plan for posting this month is going to be a little different.  You can expect LOTS of lists. Like several lists a week.  Anything from my favorite Christmas songs and movies to Holiday reads, crafts, recipes, favorites of 2012, and many other bookish lists! I'll still be posting a couple reviews per week and participating in select memes. I have so much fun doing these types of posts and hope some of my readers will enjoy them too :)


As far as a December TBR list, there's only a couple definite books on that list. I have a couple books I have to read for review and then I'm doing a live re-reading of Dash & Lily's Book of Dares (Thanks to Jeskuh for the awesome idea!) This basically means I'll be reading Dash and Lily on the same timeline as in the book, starting on December 21st and finishing up on December 30th.
Dash & Lily's Book of Dares


Other then that I hope to read a few new holiday-themed books and  re-read Daughter of Smoke & Bone so I can finally read Days of Blood & Starlight. That's all I have tentatively planned.

Now all I have left to say is..LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW PLEASE!



No comments:

Post a Comment