List time! Woot.
This week's topic is:
Top Ten Books I Resolve to Read in 2013:
Let me preface my choices by explaining that these are all books that have been on my literal bookshelf for months, dare I say a year or more? For one reason or another I keep overlooking them. No more i say! I now resolve, here and now, to read these books before the end of 2013! Or at the very least, 2014...
*Title of book links to its Goodreads page*
1. The Fault in Our Stars (John Green)- Don't hurt me. I know the brilliance of this man's writing (only in the past couple months). I know I'm going to love this book long time, but I've been putting it off because I recently watched someone very close to me suffer and die from cancer and I just couldn't bring myself to crack it open. Welp. I started it today. I'm already in love with it. I know it's going to rip my heart to shreds. But I'm ready.
2. Delirium (Lauren Oliver)- Oh man. I couldn't tell you how long I've owned this book. Well, at least since it came out. I think I read a couple chapters and wasn't really in to it so I put it aside. Time to break it back out!
3. Bitterblue (Kristin Cashore) - As much as I completely LOVE Graceling, there's only one reason I have yet to devour this one. I don't really remember much about the first two books (other then their amazingness) and thus, need to reread them before I attack this giant gem.
4. Blood Red Road (Moira Young)- So I actually own two copies of this book and won the second book (Rebel Heart) in a giveaway. The story has been compared to The Hunger Games. And whilst I hold no hope of this book being anywhere near the greatness of that much loved series, I want to give it a go.
5. Slice of Cherry (Dia Reeves)- I had been wanting to read this book for a long time, then I bought the book at a sale and then sat it neatly upon my shelf (okay floor) where it has since stayed, untouched. Love the cover.
6. The Night Circus (Erin Morgenstern)- I got this book as a gift Christmas 2011. Obviously it was high on my read priority list.
7. Bloodlines (Richelle Mead)- This author's Vampire Academy series is one of my all-time favorites. I don't know why I haven't started the companion series yet. I know it's going to be just as brilliant.
8. Knightley Academy (Violet Haberdasher) - First off, let me just point out the author's name. Saweet. I love the time period of knights and such and this book was originally on one of my Waiting on Wednesday posts. I bought it at a book sale over a year ago. I needs some more knightly men (boys?) in my life.
9. Bared to You (Sylvia Day)- SO. The Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy was my first foray into the enticing world of erotica. And I loved it. I'm looking for more! I've heard good things about this book.
10. Nevermore (Kelly Creagh)- I love me some dark broody boys.