3.27.2013

Spoiler-free Gushing: Clockwork Princess


Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)

Clockwork Princess is the third and final book in the Infernal Devices triology by Cassandra Clare.
READ.IT.

My Thoughts:

Okay, I literally just finished reading Clockwork Princess about 10 minutes ago.
I'm blown away. This is not going to be a review as much as just me cathartically vomiting up my non-spoilery feelings onto this page. After closing the book for the final time, I felt out of breath. Like I had just run a mile (or in my case more like 50 yards..). I went through the entire spectrum of emotions while reading this incredible conclusion to a fantastic series. There was laughter and oh yes, there were tears. There were edge of my seat, hand over my mouth moments where I was freaking out a bit over what was going to happen next.
Laughter, love, heartbreak, suspense, anger, anticipation, sadness, happiness, excitement and most of all, satisfaction.

When I finished the Harry Potter series, I went through a period of mourning. Mourning, not because everyone was dead (although some were), but because I would never read any further adventures about all the beloved characters that became like my family. Never would I have new experiences at Hogwarts.  In a same, though different way, I am a bit devastated now that I have finished Clockwork Princess.  Towards the last 100 pages or so, I kept putting the book down. Not because it wasn't good, but because it was sooo good, too good, and the closer I came to the end the more I didn't want it to end. Things happened in this book that I never came close to predicting. This book was everything I wanted, even if I didn't know it at the time, and so much more then I ever could have imagined it being.
Well done Ms. Clare. Well done. 5/5 

"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
   -Sarah Williams

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling! I didnt want this one to end because I just loved it so much. It was so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know the feeling, because (please don't throw rocks at me) I haven't even finished the Mortal Instruments series yet! Need to get on it ASAP, especially when everyone is loving this one!

    Lisa
    turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete