8.26.2013

Bout of Books Day #7/Final Recap!

Bout of Books

Overall, I enjoyed participating in the Bout of Books read-a-thon! I thought some of the challenges were great! I think I managed to do 3 or 4, which surpassed my goal of 2.  I didn't quite meet my bookish goals.

I didn't get through my TBR pile, but in all fairness, I didn't initially include the book I was in the middle of at the start of the read-a-thon, which I did end up finishing. I got through about 1/3 of the Darkest Minds. I started off kinda slow, but picked up towards the end of the week. Next time I would pick smaller books (The Darkest Minds was not a good idea for a read-a-thon).  I also didn't write any reviews for any of the books I read, but I plan on working on that this weekend. I had twitter for the first time ever, and really liked reading people's tweets about the read-a-thon, their challenge answers and seeing what everyone else was reading. Next time I hope to be able to participate in one of the twitter chats.

Sunday I finished reading Sloppy Firsts and read a little bit more of The Darkest Minds. I read until midnight.

Overall I completed 5 books (one was partly started) and read a total of 1511 pages! I'll take it!

Final Recap:

Day #1 (MONDAY) Recap:
Pages Read: 56 (sniff, sniff)
Total pages Read : 56
Books completed:  0


Day #2 (TUESDAY) Recap:
Pages Read : 454
Total pages Read: 510
Total Books completed: 2


Day #3 (WEDNESDAY) Recap:
Pages Read: 226
Total pages Read: 736
Total Books completed: 3

Day #4 (Thursday) Recap:
Pages Read: 113
Total Pages Read: 849
Total Books Completed: 3

Day #5 (Friday) Recap:
Pages Read: 112
Total Pages Read: 961
Total Books Completed: 3

Day #6 (Saturday) Recap:
Pages Read: 214
Total Pages Read: 1175
Total Books Completed: 4

Day #7 (Sunday) Recap:
Pages Read: 336
Total Pages Read: 1511
Total Books Completed: 5

This Is What Happy Looks LikeVampire Academy: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #1)The DisenchantmentsSloppy Firsts (Jessica Darling, #1)
Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)

Started but unfinished:
The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)

10 comments:

  1. The Twitter chats are so fun, but they're really crazy, because Bout of Books is so huge! None of the other chats I've participated in have come close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really hopping I can get a Twitter before the next read-a-thon starts. Because I think the Twiiter chats would be so fun!
    Glad you managed to completed some of your goals :D. I also failed at some of mine.
    And it's really hard to get through TBRs especailly if you have three left and you don't feel like reading any of them so it's just like "Crap what do I do now?"
    Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on winning the Grand Prize of Bout of books. I'm interested in reading The Darkest Minds so I will look forward to your review.

    New follower through bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although several of the "human death" scenes are replica handbags obviously faked (with Allan A. Apone, make-up and special effects artist for the film, saying that about 40% of it is fake[1]), some of the footage is genuine. Famous scenes of death from hermes outlet the media are included, such as stock footage of a napalm bombing in Vietnam, various newsreel footage, and fendi outlet wartime footage of Hitler. Also featured are the actual on-camera deaths of a variety of animals, including seals being rolex submariner replica clubbed to death and animals being killed on the slaughterhouse line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice information,thanks gan to share information in website
    cara mengembalikan pigmen kulit yang rusak

    ReplyDelete
  6. for me this is a very very good information, because its contents make us become better know and learn more about the wide world, so it would greatly add insight for me, laneways that I say many thanks
    cara jitu membersihkan jerawat batu pada wajah

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice information,thanks gan to share information in website
    obat penggumpalan darah di kepala tradisional

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for the information, interesting post. I hope this content can be benefits for anyone.
    pengobatan untuk sembuhkan penebalan lapisan dinding rahim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dwello is the right place to buy Homes. Buy your new homes with confidence with dwello. Dwello - Right Address is Waiting.
    18 Calista
    33 West Avenue
    Welworth Celina
    45 Paramount
    Skyi Songbirds
    The One

    ReplyDelete