6.26.2011

In My Mailbox (#7) Outer Banks Edition

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.

So I JUST walked in the door from being at the Outer Banks in North Carolina. One week of pure relaxation. I'm gonna post my bookish purchases and do a later post about my trip.


So I got these 2 AWESOME journals; My Bucket List and All 50 States. There are prompts in each one to help you along. I have to say they are pretty SWEET. I included the inside of each.




I love mermaids so I had to buy this history of mermaids book that is very imaginative and has some cool pictures inside. And of course I bought a Sarah Dessen book. She follows me everywhere.



 Then I went to a second-hand/ used bookstore. There actually wasn't very much there that interested me but I managed to walk away with a couple cheap paperbacks. I've always wanted to read The Hobbit.




And last but most DEF not least, to fit with my mermaid obsession I bought a mermaid book-end.



There actually wasn't much time for reading during my vacation and I only managed to finish one complete book: Stray by Rachel Vincent, which I LOVED. I can not WAIT to get my hands on the rest of the series. I read about half of Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder and about 1/3 of The Replacement. More thoughts on those to come.



6 comments:

  1. You've got a great selection of books this week!

    I hope you enjoy them :)


    Those journals look FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those notebooks are sweet! And that mermaid looks so cool!!! Oh, and your books look awesome! Great mailbox this week :) Here's My IMM if you want to check it out! Happy reading!

    -Jessica (Peace Love Books)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice mermaid book end! There aren't a whole lot of famous mermaid books that I've seen, which is a shame. The Replacement I thought was a really interesting read. Hopefully you're enjoying it as much as I did :). I haven't read Sarah Dessen's Along For the Ride, but the books that I've read from her have been pretty awesome regardless :D.

    Happy reading! Glad to hear your vacation was relaxing!
    -Christina Reads YA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set! It's funny how busy vacations can get. I really want to read the Shopaholic books.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete