8.28.2012

Top Ten Tuesday (#7)

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish.

As a lover of lists, I could not resist.

Topic: This is my Confessioooonnnn (Bookish, that is):

1. Book lending. I will let friends borrow my books, but it comes with a list of rules. I'm not letting you borrow it for a year. Either read it or give it back. I realize not everyone reads fast, but if it's been 2 weeks, I will start asking you every other day how the book is going until you either finish it or get irritated with me and return it. It's always in the back of my mind who I've loaned books to.  And you best give it back to me in the condition it started in.

2. Dog ear my book pages and I'll hurt you.

3. So there was this book I thought I was really going to like and went ahead and bought it. Well it was a thin book, I read it in a day, I could barely finish it. I just didn't like it. I was sad that I had paid money for it. So...I returned it to the book store. I was all paranoid they were going to somehow see it in my eyes that I read the book and call the popo.

4. I can only read one book at a time. I will get confused. I want to immerse myself completely in one story and finish it before moving on to another one.

5. Sometimes I just sit and stare at my books. I have a very small bookshelf, so they are all just kinda crammed in together. In my head I'm constantly categorizing them in to groups.

6. I have to really dislike a book not to finish it.

7.  I'm constantly buying notebooks and making book lists. Books to read, series to read, coming soon books, books I've read but need to buy to have for my collection, books to look into, books I own, etc, etc.  There's something so satisfying about being able to cross something off a list. Ahhhh.

8. All my books in series need to match, as far as hardback vs paperback and if they don't it kinda stresses me out. Case in point, I've read and own all the Black Dagger Brotherhood books up until the most recent one that came out back in March. I am waiting until October to read/buy it when it comes out in paperback. And it's killing me!

9. I can't stop buying books. I will buy 3 or 10 that I really want to read. Then I'll somehow go to the bookstore again and repeat. and repeat. I can't help it!  So basically I'll never catch up.

10. I cannot read if I'm the least bit sleepy. I just can't. I'm not one of those people who can stay up until 1 or 2 in the morning reading. Even if it's Harry freakin Potter, if the eyelids are drooping the least bit, it's all over.

3 comments:

  1. haha I totally sit and stare at my books too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to stare at my bookshelves as well and I'm constantly making lists about books and other things as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a total list maker too.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete