9.30.2012

I'm chillingly fascinated!

This post is part of the Bloggiesta Mini-Challenge about Discussion Posts. This challenge is hosted by Girlxoxo

She has a great list of possible discussion lists, and as a HUGE lover of lists I had to pick one. I took one of Girlxoxo's ideas and tweaked it a little bit.


5 Chilling/Fascinating Dystopian Societies in Books

dumdumdum...

1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins- A world where teenagers are offered up as tributes to fight to the death. Yeah, that's a bit chilling.

2. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld- When you turn 16 you are forced to have a surgery to make you Pretty. But that's okay because who really wants to stay ugly for the rest of their life? NO ONE that's who.  Then you get to move from Uglyville to New Pretty Town and party your life away. Sounds great right? Well little do you know..prettiness comes with a price.

3. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi- I LOVED the idea of this society. Basically you live in pods and are able to visit these fantasy realms. You can do anything, go anywhere, and not be afraid of getting hurt. ANYTHING people.  Sounds AWESOME. The first realm I'd go to would be an underwater world where I could be a mermaid. Hells to the yeah.  Who cares if being away from reality for a lengthy time will drive you a little crazy.

4. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan- This is one zombie world that I would NOT want to be in.

5. Divergent by Veronica Roth- The society in this book was amazeballs. Everyone is put into one of 5 factions, and with each comes specific attributes and characteristics. Craziness ensues.

2 comments:

  1. I'm kind of new to dystopians, but loved Hunger Games & Forest of Hands and Teeth. I'm hearing way too many awesome things about Divergent, so I just bought it and am thinking it should go to the top of my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete