1.19.2013

Massive Christmas Book Haul!

This post is LOONG overdue. I originally wanted to do a vlog of my giant haul, but well, yeah.
These are all books that I've collected since Christmas, it's a LOT. AND they make me happy! 

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren and Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.


First up:
 
Eleanor & Park (Rainbow Rowell)- I WON this from Goodreads giveaway!! It's my first ever ARC! WOOT! I've been excited for this book forever and I can't wait to read it! It's due to be published end of next month I believe.
 
Obsidian (Jennifer L. Armentrout) - I received this one from my bookish secret santa! Thank you!!
I attempted to read this one but alas, it twas a DNF. Boo. You can read my review HERE if you'd like.
 
 
I received all of the following books as Christmas gifts from my mom and grandma. I asked for these specifically, cause they would have no clue what books to buy for me.
 
 
Casual Vacancy (J. K. Rowling)
Second Chance Summer (Morgan Matson)
Bunheads (Sophie Flack)
 
I also got that handsome owl from my mom! I have a recent obsession.

 
Sweet Evil (Missy Higgins)
Twilight: The Graphic Novel Vol. 1 (Stephenie Meyer, Young Kim)
Crewel (Gennifer Albin)
Rootless (Chris Howard)
Black City (Elizabeth Richards)
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking (Susan Cain)
The Curiosities: A Collection of Stories (Maggie Stiefvater, Tessa Gratton, Brenna Yovanoff)

 
Lips Touch: Three Times (Laini Taylor) Finished this, 3.5/5
Throne of Glass (Sarah J. Maas) Finished this one too 5/5
Stolen (Lucy Christopher) - I actually bought this one with some xmas money- Also read 3.5/5
 

Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone Audiobook- narrated by Jim Dale
 
 
OKAY. So the rest of my haul are books I bought myself from Barnes & Noble or Amazon with Christmas money.
 
 
Easy (Tammara Webber)
Meant To Be (Lauren Morrill)
My Life Next Door (Huntley Fitzpatrick)
Pushing the Limits (Katie McGarry)
Beta (Rachel Cohn)
 

 
Grave Mercy (Robin LaFevers) - Reading now, so far so good!
Splintered (A.G. Howard)
Under the Never Sky (Veronica Rossi) - already read this on my Kindle but needed the hard copy
Through the Ever Night (Veronica Rossi)

 
Opal (Jennifer L. Armentrout) - WHAT WAS I THINKING??
Onyx (Jennifer L. Armentrout) - See above.
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight (Jennifer L. Smith)
 
 
Now for a couple non-book gifts!
 
Blu-rays of:
 
Pitch Perfect- I watched this for the first time after I got it and have to say it wasn't nearly as good or funny as I was expecting it to be. It was okay.
 
The Hunger Games - I've watched this like 5 times. Loves it.
 
NOW. For my most awesome-est gift I got for Christmas from my Dad:
 
 IPAD!!   I love it so much! Still learning how to use it and stuff. I'm always the last person to get any type of new technology.

SO. That's my Christmas book haul. I still have Christmas money to spend but I want to try and save it so I can use it to buy new releases that are coming out this year that I'm excited for.


Leave a comment with your haul link and I'll check it out!
 
 
 
 
 
 

23 comments:

  1. Amazing haul! I absolutely loved Obsidian, Under the Never Sky, Black City, and Beta! I can't wait until I can finally get my hands on a copy of both Grave Mercy and Crewel. I really hope you enjoy everything! :D

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Huuuuge haul! Too bad you didn't finish Obsidian. I loved it! I also received Under The Never Sky. I really hope it doesn't disappoint! ^^

    Here's my STS!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh awesome haul!! Nice ipad! Great books! I actually went out today trying to find a copy of Obsidian because I wanted a paper copy vs the kindle copy I have, but the store didn't have it like they said they did! :P

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a massive haul you've got there. So many books I want to read too.
    Congrats on getting your first ARC.
    P.S ipads are great little gadgets. I love mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so overwhelmed and jealous of your haul I don't even know where to start!! I LOVED Throne of Glass and My Life Next Store. Stolen was a powerful read and Pushing the Limits is great, I just finished that. I am jealous of Black City and Splintered and I need to stop messing around and just go read Grave Mercy already!! I hope you love everything!

    Happy Happy Reading!! my StS

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy crap! Great Stack! Lots of good ones in there! I loved Obsidian and Onyx (Opal not so much, but it was still OK) and I've really been wanting to read Black City! Thanks for stopping by my STS! Have a great weekend!

    Julie~ at New Adult Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had an awesome Christmas. And that is an amazing book haul. You have some great books on here. Pushing the Limits is awesome! And I want to read a bunch you have listed.


    Happy reading
    Jenn @ blog about books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible haul! So many of those books are on my TBR list. I finally got my own copy of Under the Never Sky recently; now I just need to buy Through the Ever Night. Enjoy your new books, and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. Tons of great books and I love the owl. I have an obsession with them as well. Oh and have fun with the ipad. Happy reading!

    Here’s my Stacking The Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome haul! I have many of them on my TBR, some I own but most I would love! I hope you enjoy all that you got.
    Happy reading!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS post

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG. This haul is not even real. Can I have your life? Hope you love the Lux series and Grave Mercy. I liked them.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOME HAUL! Seriously, all the titles you got are in my TBR list. And I need to pick up TTEN soon! <3

    Thanks for dropping by my StS post! :D

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is quite the haul. So many amazing books on that list. YAY for first ARC Eleanor & Park looks like a good one too. You'll have plenty to be reading the next few months :) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thats a lot of great books. Sorry that you didn't like Obsidian :(, its one of my favorite series. Can't wait to see what you think of Black City and Crewel :). I also really LOVE Sweet Evil. Hope you like that one too :)
    Thanks for stopping by my StS :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing haul of books!! You got some great books there that I know you will enjoy. I hope you enjoy your new books!
    Brittany @ Spare Time book blog
    My IMM: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/01/in-my-mailbox-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!!!! Very nice haul. An IPad amazing! Eleanor & Park is amazing. I loved it so much. Enjoy everything you got.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  17. I AM SO JEALOUS! Amazing book haul!
    I loved Stolen, and Obsidian (even though I can read that you didn't .. but, well .. you could always donate those 3 books to me ;-) ) and Pushing the Limits and I am dying to read Easy and I could go on and on and on .. I'm SO jealous! I want all of these books on my shelf! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great selection of books.I also got a tablet at last so i can finally enjoy reading ebooks once and for all! I was never a fan of Ipad but i am sure you will enjoy it after all its a tablet is usefull anyway!

    Here is Mine

    Maria


    ReplyDelete
  19. You are going to be a happy reader. You've got a lot of great books to read!

    I love that Eleanor and Park cover. It's the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on winning Eleanor & Park! I've had my eye on that one for a while. Looking forward to reading your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great haul! Bummer that Obsidian was a DNF for you though, but I guess we can't all love it ;)
    Black City, Sweet Evil, Throne of Glass, and Pushing the Limits are great! And I'd really like to read Meant To Be, it sounds like such a fun and cute book :)
    Enjoy all that you got, and thanks for stopping by my post earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow - your haul is making me drool! Congrats on such an awesome stack of books :D I SO want to read The Casual Vacancy, Throne of Glass & Splintered!! Also dying to get into my copy of Grave Mercy - ditto for Obsidian though I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. Loving the HP audiobook & the Hunger Games Blu-Ray too ♥

    Thanks for sharing, enjoy ALL your goodies & thanks for stopping by earlier!!
    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete