6.23.2013

2013 Personal Challenge Update

At the beginning of the year I decided to create some personal bookish challenges for myself.  Since we're now entering the half way mark for the year, I figure an update post is in order to see how I'm doing with said challenges. Some I'm rocking! Some are..well..not good.  But no sweat! I still gots 6 more months! YEAH!....yeah.


Challenge #1: Read 100 books in 2013
I'm making this challenge my bitch! According to the Goodreads meter thingie (as of today) I am 28 books (28%) ahead of schedule and 75% done!!!!!!! Holllller!! Now, one must take into account that my total includes not only books, but also short novellas and graphic novels. But still. It's whatever. WOOT. 
Challenge status:  Kicking ass! 75/100 read!

Friends with BoysDr. Bird's Advice for Sad PoetsClockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)

Challenge #2: Attack of the To Be Read Pile
Don't act like you don't have one.  That pile (in my case mammoth) of books that you had to buy and are still sitting on your shelf a couple months (or years) later. My piles are growing out of control and they are stressing me out! SO. I wanted 50 of the books I read this year to be books I owned BEFORE January 1st 2013. 
Challenge Status: Pretty darn good! 27/50!

Second Chance SummerThe Lover's DictionaryThe Fault in Our StarsBunheads

Challenge #3: Re-read Rewind
Really, I don't think this challenge needs an explanation. I buy books to keep with the intention of re-reading them. However, I don't do this as much as I would like to. So for this challenge I made a list of books I wanted to re-read this year. Most of these are first books in series that I want need to read again in order to complete the series.
Challenge Status: 1/13 completed. But I still have faith!

Firelight (Firelight, #1)

1. Poison Study (Maria V. Snyder)
2. Magic Study (Maria V. Snyder)
3. Fire Study (Maria V. Snyder)
4. Graceling (Kristin Cashore)
5. Fire (Kristin Cashore)
6. Divergent (Veronica Roth)
7. The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins)
8. Catching Fire (Suzanne Collins)
9. Shatter Me (Tahereh Mafi)
10. Firelight (Sophie Jordan)
11. Paranormalcy (Kiersten White)
12. Beautiful Creatures (Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl)
13. City of Bones (Cassandra Clare)

Challenge #4: It's a Classic
I hated reading classics in school. But I don't know if it's because of the books themselves or because when someone tells you you HAVE to read a book it makes you immediately not like it.  I'm on a quest to discover the truth. Are classics really for me?  Odds are no, probably not.  I've bought 2 classics..I just need to read them.
I made an initial list of 5 classics I wanted to read, but I think I may have to revamp it..

Pride and Prejudice

The original list:
1. Wuthering Heights
2. Pride and Prejudice
3. The Great Gatsby
4. To Kill a Mockingbird
5. The Secret Garden

Challenge Status: 0/5 read. Yeah. I'm working on it OKAY! Geez. I'm 3% in for Pride & Prejudice..it might take me until December, but I'm going to finish it!




Challenge #5: Catch-Up If you Can-Series
Self-explanatory. I have all these series I started and never finished or read the second book on. These are ones I originally wanted to focus on finishing.

1. Caster Chronicles (Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl)
-Beautiful Darkness (#2) already own
-Beautiful Chaos (#3)
-Beautiful Redemption (#4)
2. The Mortal Instruments (Cassandra Clare)
-City of Fallen Angels (#4)
-City of Lost Souls (#5)
3. Firelight (Sophie Jordan)
-Vanish (#2) already own
-Hidden (#3)
Vanish (Firelight, #2)Hidden (Firelight, #3)
4. Paranormalcy (Kiersten White)
-Supernaturally (#2) already own
-Endlessly (#3)
5. Graceling Realm (Kristin Cashore)
-Bitterblue (#3) already own
6. Divergent (Veronica Roth)
-Insurgent (#2) already own
7. If I Stay (Gayle Forman)
-Where She Went (#2) already own
 
Challenge Status: 1/7 series completed.



 Although I have some catching up to do for some of these.  I feel they're all very much accomplish-able (except maybe the Classics one..), I just have to stay the course!



1 comment:

  1. Wow your doing really well! 75 books already you but my 30 to shame :)
    Happy reading!

    -Mari @ The Sirenic Codex

    ReplyDelete