4.27.2011

Waiting and Waiting and Waiting... (#1)

So. First things first.  SHOUT OUT to all my new followers!

Here I am about to do another one of these here "memes", which seems to be all I've been posting lately. There's a reason for that.
The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles, #1) I've been reading The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan for a couple weeks now. (which says it's not a "I can't put it down" kind of book for me, because obviously I can put it down)  I really enjoyed Rick's Percy Jackson series and the spin-off Heroes of Olympus series which I read rather quickly. I find Greek mythology highly fascinating.  Sooo I decided to give The Red Pyramid a go, which is based on Egyptian mythology, which I knew nothing about.

For some reason, I'm not really connecting with the main characters Sadie and Carter, and I feel like there's so many characters being introduced and soo much going on at once I can't keep it all straight in my tiny little giant head. I have to say my FAVORITE character in this book so far is KHUFU-the coolest baboon you'll ever meet!  (Sometimes I find myself enjoying the animals way more than some of the humans)

  I've read about 2/3rds...but I've hit a slump. I will finish it..eventually because I do like learning about the Egyptian Gods.and i like Rick Riordan's other books, and the over-all plot is good.

Tempest Rising (Jane True, #1)So I put that book down for the moment and started Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler (not to be confused with Tempest Rising by Tracy Deebs). I bought the first 3 books in this series at a Border's closing-out sale because they sounded interesting. I'm about half-way through the first one and I'm just not into it. I don't really like any of the characters, and I don't like the romance which seems really forced. The first couple chapters weren't so bad but I'm just not really into the story line.

 Despite all that I keep reading. It's like, I have to finish it right?  But then it's like, why? I have 25 other books here that I can read. Why do I feel like I HAVE to finish a book even if I'm not into it so much. When I'm actively reading and simultaneously thinking to myself "how many more pages until I can read something else", that should prolly be a sign. I supposed this is an offical DNF (did not finish) for me, but life is too short, and there are too many books and I'm ready to start another that I'm really hoping I enjoy. Who knows, I may come back to this one, since I do have the next 2 in the series, we shall see..

Anna and the French Kiss Next up is Anna and the French Kiss. Everyone seems to love this book..hope I can include myself in this generalization.










Now..ON TO WAITING ON WEDNESDAY!
This little gem is hosted over at Breaking the Spine

My Life as A White Trash Zombie
One book that I can't wait to get my grubby little claws into is: My Life as a White Trash Zombie (Diana Rowland) (July 5, 2011)

Goodreads summary:
Angel Crawford is a loser

Living with her alcoholic deadbeat dad in the swamps of southern Louisiana, she's a high school dropout with a pill habit and a criminal record who's been fired from more crap jobs than she can count. Now on probation for a felony, it seems that Angel will never pull herself out of the downward spiral her life has taken.

That is, until the day she wakes up in the ER after overdosing on painkillers. Angel remembers being in an horrible car crash, but she doesn't have a mark on her. To add to the weirdness, she receives an anonymous letter telling her there's a job waiting for her at the parish morgue--and that it's an offer she doesn't dare refuse.

Before she knows it she's dealing with a huge crush on a certain hunky deputy and a brand new addiction: an overpowering craving for brains. Plus, her morgue is filling up with the victims of a serial killer who decapitates his prey--just when she's hungriest!

Angel's going to have to grow up fast if she wants to keep this job and stay in one piece. Because if she doesn't, she's dead meat.

Literally.

Let me start with the cover-I think it's pretty freakin' cool! I mean, the arm tat, the bikini, the crazy hair, the piercings, the slurping of brains..it's white trash in the flesh.  And it's not just about a zombie, but a WHITE TRASH zombie. Sounds funny and I can't wait to read it.  BRAINS!!


What a gigantically boring post this has been. If you managed to read it all, you deserve a cookie.

1 comment: