3.25.2012

In My Mailbox #12

Head over to The Story Siren to check out other people's bookish buys.

I haven't posted my bookish purchases since January.  Since that time, I have accumulated just a few more...  I find myself just staring at them.   I can't be the only one who does this.

All of these books were bought by myself with either my hard-earned money or through gift cards I received for my birthday last month. Except for one, which was loaned to me by a fellow book lover.

I'll start with the first pile:


-I'm in love with Meg Cabot's Princess Diaries series (if you haven't read it, you should), and am in the process of collecting them. So I bought the next 3 in the series:
Princess in the Spotlight, Princess in Love, and Princess in Waiting.
-The Mammoth Book of Merlin (edited by Mike Ashley): As I've mentioned in a previous post, I'm obsessed with anything Merlin, Knights of the round table, Camelot..etc.
-Rot & Ruin (Jonathan Maberry)
-Across the Universe (Beth Ravis); I finished this the other day, will post my thoughts hopefully later in the week.
-Other Words for Love (Lorraine Zago Rosenthal); also finished this last week
-Daughter of the Centaurs (Kate Klimo); hoping this will be as amazing as it sounds
-Bloodrose (Andrea Cremer); I started this, but put it down for now and started a different book. I'll get back to it at some point.

So when it comes to book fairs, or discount books I tend to get a little excited and freak out a bit with the buying. About 2 weeks ago I went to the The Green Valley Book Fair, which is about 1.5 hours from where I live. It's held in a giant 3 room warehouse and it hosts thousands upon thousands of all different kinds of books, all different genres, ALL. FOR.DISCOUNT.  I'm talking I paid as little as $2.50 and no more then $6.50 for my books, depending if they were paperback vs. hardback and depending on how massive they were. They had an excellent young adult section and I filled up 2 baskets in no time. When I took my initial haul to the checkout, the lady was like "Is all of this for you", and I was like, well yeah. I may have a bit of a problem.

 I walked away with 24 books and only spent $110.  At retail price, I would have spent well over $300.  If you live anywhere close to this book fair I HIGHLY recommend you go, I promise you will not be disappointed.  I couldn't get a good picture of all the books together so I broke it up in to 3 pictures:



-A Certain Slant of Light
-Nick & Nora's Infinite Playlist
-Wintergirls
-Dust
-Will Grayson,Will Grayson
-Knightley Academy

Next Batch:
-Wither
-The Sky is Everywhere
-Amy & Roger's Epic Detour
-The Summer I Turned Pretty
-It's Not Summer Without You
-We'll Always Have Summer
-Uglies
-Pretties
-Specials
-Extras


And finally:
-Slice of Cherry
-The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
-Eona
-Blood Red Road
-Five Flavors of Dumb
-Red Glove
-White Cat
-Dust & Decay

 Whoa man. Can you dig it?

Lastly, but certainly not leasty, my fellow bookish friend whom I like to call Jeskuh loaned me her ARC of Tempest.    


Even with all the above awesomeness, apparently my needs weren't satiated as I just ordered 7 more books from Amazon. AHHHH.  Sweet, sweet books.

8 comments:

  1. Great set! Love WG, WG. Princess Diaries is such a great series.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, this is an amazing IMM! I liked The Princess Diaries when I was in high school. It was so cute. And I pretty much just want all the rest of the books you got! I'm so happy that you got so many for that cheap! Congratulations! Have fun reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I'm SO jealous of your book fair!!! I just finished Wither and it was awesome, but you got so many other great, new books for so cheap!!! Ahhh I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set. You sound like me. Although lately I've been doing more E-Books of late as my print TBR pile is getting out of control.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. uhm I Hate you!!! That is a WHOLE bunch of awesome right there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous! I am dying to read Across the Universe and The Sky is Everywhere! Jenny Han's Summer Series is one of my all-time teen faves =). Enjoy!

    Chels
    Chels and a Book

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daughter of the Centaurs is a great title! I have to check out the book. And wow, your IMM is HUGE! :O

    Happy Reading!

    Patricia // My IMM

    ReplyDelete