10.15.2012

My Thoughts: We'll Always Have Summer (Jenny Han)

We'll Always Have Summer (Summer, #3)Belly has only ever been in love with two boys, both with the last name Fisher. And after being with Jeremiah for the last two years, she's almost positive he is her soul mate. Almost. Conrad has not gotten over the mistake he made when he let Belly go even as Jeremiah has always known that Belly is the girl for him. So when Belly and Jeremiah decide to make things forever, Conrad realizes that it's now or never--tell Belly he loves her, or lose her for good. Belly will have to confront her feelings for Jeremiah and Conrad and face a truth she has possibly always known: she will have to break one of their hearts.
(GOODREADS LINK)








We'll Always Have Summer is the third and final book in the Summer series by Jenny Han.
This review will contain spoilers from the first 2 books.

Cover: Probably my favorite of the three, but I wish it showed more of the beach.

My Thoughts:
Oh yeah. That's the stuff.

Belly and Jeremiah are now together, going to college. They plan on getting married, but everyone thinks they are too young are against it. It feels they are rushing in to things, and maybe they are. Maybe Belly is trying to prove something. But she loves Jeremiah. He's the one who's always treated her with respect, makes her laugh, and she can always count on him.
However, things happen that complicate their relationship, but it's not something they can't work thorough. Because they love each other. Belly wants to spend her life with Jeremiah. She's over her love for Conrad who repeatedly has shown that he doesn't care about Belly. But sometimes, no matter how much time goes by, some bonds can never be broken.

There's not much to say. You can't not finish this trilogy. This book is as good as the first 2, and my love for these characters only increased. I've watched Belly, Conrad and Jeremiah grow up and mature. I feel like I know them. And I'll never forget them.

I was highly satisfied with the way this series ended. It was exactly what I wanted, which doesn't happen very often when I read books. It was perfect. And perfect endings are just what's needed sometimes.

Favorite Quotes:
"There are moments in every girl's life that are bigger than we know at the time. When you look back, you say, That was one of those life-changing, fork-in-the-road moments and I didn't even see it coming. I had no idea. And then there are the moments that you know are big, life could go in one of two directions. Do or die. This was one of those moments. Big. They didn't get much bigger than this."

Bottom Line: This series is summer and sunshine and beach and freedom. It's first loves and heartbreak and everything in between.  5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment