As a lover of lists, I could not resist.
This week's topic:
Top Ten Books To Get In The Halloween Spirit:
1. The Wicked Heart by Christopher Pike- I was a tad bit obsessed with this author when I was younger. This book in particular scared the living bejeezus out of me. Disturbingly horrortastic.
2. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling- I don't think I need an explanation for this one.
3. Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor- devils and angels. A BRILLIANT book.
4. The Forest of Hands and Teeth series by Carrie Ryan- zombies!
5. Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice- Non-sparkly vampires!
6. Boris and Bella by Carolyn Crimi- I adore this children's book. Such a cute Halloween story. And the illustrations are soo good!
7. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz, Stephen Gammell- Another book I had as a kid. Forget the stories, the pictures alone were enough to ensure I slept with the lights ON.
8. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman- Ghosts! a Killer on the loose!
9. The Art of Tim Burton by Tim Burton- Because what about this guy does NOT scream Halloween?
10. The Hex Hall series by Rachel Hawkins- Witches!
Just typing up this list is getting me into the Halloween spirit! Have you read any of these? Leave a comment with your link so I can check out what gets you in the mood. :)