This is a freebie week so I chose the topic of
Top Ten Books That Broke My Heart a Little (or a lot):
1. Every Day (David Levithan)- I just finished this book days ago. Wow. Amazing book. I can't even put into words how this book made me feel. Did it break my heart a little? Oh yeah. But I was totally okay with it.
2. Before I Die (Jenny Downham)- I legit sobbed while reading this book. I totally busted out the blubbering, snot-dripping ugly cry. This book didn't just break my heart a little. It ripped it to shreds.
3. Harry Potter 5-7 (J.K. Rowling)- It wasn't until the 5th book in this series when I realized J.K. wasn't holding anything back and was very okay with breaking my heart into a million little pieces.SO MANY DEATHS. AHHH. I don't want to say which deaths especially squished my heart in a vise in case there are still people who haven't read it. (IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THIS SERIES DO IT NOW!!). I shed a few tears (or a hundred) over this series. Both human and non-human. YOU KNOW who I'm talking about. Sniff Sniff.
4. The Book Thief (Markus Zusak)- This book is powerful. It's haunting and incredible and amazing. And yes, it broke my heart.
5. EVERY Nicholas Sparks book I've EVER read. I mean seriously. I think this guy needs some anti-depressants or therapy or something. WHY!?!??!?!
6. Sisterhood Everlasting (Anne Brashares) (Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants #5)- Oh. My. Gosh. This book. This book broke my heart a thousand times over. But it was soooo freaking good. An amazing conclusion to a great series.
7. Black Dagger Brotherhood Series (J.R. Ward)- so i freaking LOVE this series, and I love these brothers. Each book has broken my heart in some little way. Each of these brothers is damaged and broken in some way and my heart breaks with them. Especially when it comes to Zsadist. He makes me feel all sorts of feelings.
8. Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Laini Taylor)- I mean. I can't even. I just. This book.
9. The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins)- YOU KNOW which part I'm talking about!! sniffle.sniffle.
The next book(s) broke my heart a little for very different reasons then the previously mentioned. I really wanted to love them, I did.... but sadly...my heart just couldn't take it.
Books that broke my heart a little due to the disappointment they caused:
1. The Goddess Test (Aimee Carter)- Oh man. You can read my review here.Warning: it's not positive.
2. Abandon (Meg Cabot)- Sadface. Strike 2 against Greek mythology re-tellings.
3. Wildefire (Karsten Knight)- This book set me up to love it and then kicked me in the ventricle.
You can read my review HERE if you'd like.
That's it for me! Leave me comment with your link so I can check out what YOU chose for your freebie list :)