11.04.2012

YALLFEST 2012

DUDES!! I'll be leaving for Yallfest in 5 days!! 



For those who don't know, Yallfest is an annual young adult festival held in Charleston, South Carolina. It's my first time going and I'm soo freaking excited! I'm going with my friend Jessica and her mom, who I've known my whole life. We're driving down Friday and coming back Monday. The  festival itself is on Saturday, November 10th. There's going to be 49 authors there, with panels and signings galore!
I have in mind the authors I HAVE to see and then the ones I'd like to see if there's time. I just have no idea what to expect, as I've never been there.

Here's the list of authors going (I've highlighted the authors who I've read books by):

Kwame Alexander 
Jennifer Lynn Barnes 
Holly Black
Pseudonymous Bosch
Sarah Rees Brennan
Kiera Cass 
Cinda Chima
Cassandra Clare 
Andrea Cremer 
Gitty Daneshvari 
Melissa de la Cruz 
Kimberly Derting 
Simone Elkeles 
Elizabeth Eulberg 
Gayle Forman 
Kami Garcia
Adam Gidwitz
David Macinnis Gill
Adele Griffin
Jenny Han
Deborah Harkness
Grady Hendrix
Michelle Hodkin
Ellen Hopkins
Tonya Hurley
Michele Jaffe
Kami Kinard
Caitlin Kittredge
David Levithan
Wendy Mass
Alex Morel
Alyson Noel
Stephanie Perkins
Diana Peterfreund
Kathy Reichs
Brendan Reichs
Beth Revis
Jess Rothenberg
Carrie Ryan
Eliot Schrefer
Natalie Standiford
Trenton Lee Stewart
Margaret Stohl
John Thompson
Cate Tiernan
Siobhan Vivian
Robin Wasserman
Marjory Wentworth
John Corey Whaley
Kathryn Williams
 
The authors on my MUST-SEE/sign list are:
 
1. David Levithan (Every Day, Dash & Lily's Book of Dares)
2. Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices)
3. Carry Ryan (The Forest of Hands and Teeth)
4. Jenny Han (The Summer I Turned Pretty)
5. Stephanie Perkins (Anna and the French Kiss; Lola and the Boy Next Door)
6. Simone Elkeles (Perfect Chemistry)
7. Ellen Hopkins (Perfect, Crank, Impulse, etc.)
 
Those are my tops. I don't know how the timing of everything is going to work. There will be panels throughout the day and the authors only sign at certain times. There's also a keynote presentation with Cassandra Clare and Holly Black that morning and then at the end of the day there is the YA Smackdown. I'll be going to both of those.   So. I'm soo excited and a little bit terrified. I don't think I've ever been to Charleston. I've been to Myrtle Beach plenty of times as a kid. SO I'm also excited to go someplace new and do a little sightseeing. Not sure what else is on the agenda at this point yet.
 
If there's anyone who has gone to Yallfest in the past I would LOVE to get some pointers from you! As far as what to expect, thoughts on bringing books from home to have signed, etc. I already own books on all the above authors that I want signings from..I was thinking of just bringing a bookbag?
 
I'll DEF be doing a post-Yallfest post! I'm going to try and do some pre-scheduled posts for this weekend when I'm not around. I, unfortunately, am one of few people who actually does NOT have a smart phone.  So I am going to be unable to get on the Internet while I'm away. Twitter is a completely foreign concept to me.
 
Yay! 4 day workweek!! :)

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH I'M GONNA BE THERE!!!! IT'LL BE MY FIRST TIME GOING!! I'll be in line with you for all of those signings hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! I can't wait! SO excited. I'll be wearing a black shirt that has Jack Skellington's giant head on it (nightmare before christmas) I think it's a pretty unique shirt so I shouldn't be too hard to miss :) I'll bring your books!

      Delete