4.28.2013

Read-a-Thon!! WOOT. Final Update!



dewey

Final Update for 24 hour read-a-thon
  1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
  2. -11pm - 8 am..haha.
     
  3. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
  4. -I would DEFINITELY recommend The Maze Runner by James Dashner. It's action-packed FOR SURE and perfect for a read-a-thon.
     
  5. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
  6. -nah
     
  7. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
  8. -Well I didn't participate in any of the challenges or anything, but from what I read on the website and stuff it all looked very fun!
     
  9. How many books did you read?
  10. -I read 2 full books and finished a book I had started before the read-a-thon.
     
  11. What were the names of the books you read?
  12. -My Life Next Door (Huntley Fitzpatrick)
    -The Boyfriend List (e.Lockhart)
    -The Maze Runner (James Dashner)
     
  13. Which book did you enjoy most?
  14. -I loved My Life Next Door and also The Maze Runner was excellent!
     
  15. Which did you enjoy least?
  16. -The Boyfriend List was a little too young for me. It wasn't terrible, but I would have liked it more if I was about 15 years younger.
     
  17. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
  18. -I didn't do much cheering this year.
     
  19. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
  20. -VERY likely! And next time I would hopefully have Twitter and be able to talk to people, and do more challenges and stop by more blogs because this time I was basically by myself.
Final Tallies:
Total books Read:  3
Total Pages Read: 774
Total Time Read: 10.1 hours OR 605 minutes

 
UPDATE #1:

Hour 1: 10 am -11 am
Reading: My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Pages read: 47
Total minutes spent reading: 40
Total pages read: 47
Total books read: 0
Sustenance: cheerios, milk and banana

Hour 2: 11 am - 12 pm
Reading: My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Pages read: 66 
Total minutes read:  140
Total pages read: 117
Total books read: 0

Update # 2:

Hour 3: 12pm - 1pm
Reading: My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Pages read: 57
Total pages read: 171
Total minutes read: 180
-I finished up My Life Next Door! SO GOOD. I loved it!

Hour 4: 1pm - 2pm
Currently Reading: The Boyfriend List by e. lockhart
Pages read: 68
Total pages read: 239
Total minutes read: 220
Books finished:
1. My Life Next Door (Huntley Fitzpatrick)
Sustenance: Salad and water.  I know I KNOW not very sustaining!

Hour 5: 2pm-3pm
Currently Reading: The Boyfriend List by e.lockhart
Pages read: 85
Total pages read: 323
Total minutes read: 280
Books finished:
1. My Life Next Door (Huntley Fitzpatrick)

Update #3:

Hour 6 3 pm- 4 pm
Currently Reading: The Boyfriend List by e.Lockhart - FINISHED
Pages read: 74
Total pages read: 397
Total minutes read: 320
Books finished:
1. My Life Next Door (Huntley Fitzpatrick)
2. The Boyfriend List (e.Lockhart)

Hour 7   4pm - 5 pm
Currently Reading: The Maze Runner (James Dashner)
Pages read: 35
Total pages read: 432
Total minutes read: 350
Books finished: 2
-Starting to get  bit sleepy, eyes getting a little drroopy so I think I need an hour or 2 break from the reading. Maybe some dinner and TV.   My goal by the end of the read-a-thon is to have finished The Maze Runner (374 pages) and have finished one other book. That would be great!

Update #4

Hour 8: 5pm-6pm  BREAK TIME!

Hour 9: 6pm-7 pm
Currently Reading: The Maze Runner
Pages Read: 44
Total Pages Read:  476
Total minutes read: 380
Books finished: 2

Hour 10: 7pm-8pm
Currently Reading: The Maze Runner
Pages Read: 32
Total Pages Read: 508
Total minutes read: 405
Books finished: 2

Update # 5

Hour 11: 8pm-9pm
Currently Reading: The Maze Runner
Pages Read: 71
Total Pages Read: 579
Total minutes Read: 465
Books finished: 2

Hour 12: 9pm-10pm
Currently Reading: The Maze Runner
Pages Read: 63
Total pages read: 642
Total minutes read: 505
Books finished: 2

Hour 13: 10pm-11pm
Currently Reading: The Maze Runner
Pages Read: 48
Total pages read: 690
Total minutes read: 545
Books finished: 2

-SO. I would have been finished with The Maze Runner by now if I had been reading for the whole hour. But with each hour, I'm only actually reading about 30-40 minutes at a time. Other time is being spent eating, facebooking, updating, etc.  I have less then 100 pages left of my current read and could easily bust out the remaining pages in another hour. BUT when I get really tired, I just can't keep reading. SO I'm gonna take a nap break. I'll set my alarm for a couple hours and it's a toss up if I'll actually get up at that point to read or just press the snooze button :)
I have to say, I have read far more in one day then I EVER have in the past. WOOT.

Here's a mid-way questionnaire:

1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired?
-I am MOST DEF sleepy. I am not a morning person, nor am I a night owl. At least not when it comes to reading. Eyes? Drooptastic.

2) What have you finished reading?
-I finished reading My Life Next Door and The Boyfriend List

3) What is your favorite read so far?
-My Life Next Door!

4) What about your favorite snacks?
-I haven't eaten anything worth mentioning snack-wise. Instead I'll list some snacks I WISH I had to eat: pizza, chocolate-mint milkshake, brownie sundae, CHOCOLATE, ice cream, mac & cheese (YES, I consider this a snack!), chips and buffalo chicken dip (if I still ate meat..haha.). Maybe some Chinese food... oh boy. Time for bed.

5) Have you found any new blogs through the read-a-thon?
-I've only visited 2 blogs during this a-thon and I am followers of both. I've been too focused on reading so I haven't been visiting or doing any of the mini-challenges. Maybe next time I'll be more into that.

UPDATE #6

Hour 14-22: 11pm-8 am
-SLEEP. haha. I tried getting up a couple times to read but my eyeballs were just not having it! I'm in the home stretch now, Have about an hour and a half left of the read-a-thon. Gonna crank out the rest of The Maze Runner!   I'll do a final update post after.

Update #7

Hour 23: 8am-9am
Currently Reading: The Maze Runner
Pages Read: 27
Total pages read: 717
Total minutes read: 565
Books finished: 2

Hour 24: 9am-10am
Currently Reading: The Maze Runner - FINISHED
Pages Read: 50
Total pages read: 774
Total minutes read: 605
Books Finished:
1. My Life Next Door (Huntley Fitzpatrick)
2. The Boyfriend List (e. Lockhart)
3. The Maze Runner (James Dashner)




 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the very first time for me participating in a read-a-thon. I have the weekend free, so why not?
If you're not familiar with Dewey's read-a-thon you can find more information HERE.

I am NOT an early riser so I missed the start, but I'm ready now! I will just be updating this page with my progress along the way!

Introductory questions:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
-Virginia, U.S.A.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
-I guess I need to actually make a stack....

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
-I didn't plan and buy any snacks for the read-a-thon....but I DO have an old chocolate bar and a jar of peanut butter. Yes?

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
-I eat peanut butter Every.Single.Day.  I'm thinking about starting a booktube channel.  I became a vegetarian 4 weeks ago.  I'm getting kinda tired of book series.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
-This is my first time! So I guess I'm just looking forward to getting a lot read. I, unfortunately, do not have Twitter. But I will be hopping around people's blogs.


Here's my stack of read-a-thon possibilities. Of course, I expect to only get through a couple, but who doesn't like lots of choices?!

I'm currently reading and need to finish:
My Life Next Door
 
Other options (with the exception of 1, these are all books that I've owned for more then a year):
Loss (Riders of the Apocalypse #3)The Gates (Samuel Johnson, #1)Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1)
The Boyfriend List: 15 Guys, 11 Shrink Appointments, 4 Ceramic Frogs and Me, Ruby Oliver (Ruby Oliver, #1)Flying Blind (The Dragon Diaries, #1)The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1)Easy

2 comments:

  1. Hello from another Elizabeth!
    I hope your first Read-a-Thon was fantastic! You have great taste in YA, and I"m looking forward to browsing some of the titles you've blogged about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well.....as you can see I'm pretty terrible at returning comments in a timely manner! oopsies. I really liked the read-a-thon! I got a lot of reading done and hopefully next time I'll be able to chat with people more! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete