9.30.2012

September In Retrograde

September turned out to be the BEST month I've had so far with blogging. Hells to the YEAH.

(Image from free wallpaper)
 
I'll start with the goals I set at the beginning of the month:
Goals for September:

1. Post at least 3 times a week  I've posted more this month than any month prior.
2. Read at least 2 books per week  I was a reading machine in September!
3. Read one book on my Kindle  I read Slammed and Under the Never Sky on my Kindle.
4. Post a review for every book read- While I didn't completely meet this goal, I wrote a lot more reviews this month and am proud of myself. I'm going to change this to review at least half the books I read because sometimes I just don't want to write a review and it's no longer becomes fun when you feel forced to do something.
5. Comment more on other peoples blogs Again, I've commented more on people' blogs this month then maybe since the whole time I've been blogging.
6. Try for one new follower I didn't get just one new follower, but 10!!! I can't believe it! So freakin awesome. A big thanks to the people who actually want to read the crazy that I'm typing. :)
7. Keep up with Goodreads, I just joined a paranormal book clubby group on there, hoping it will connect me with some other bookish people -  Well I have been keeping more up with goodreads, especially while I'm reading a book. I didn't end up reading the 2 books for my goodreads group.
8. Learn how to do one new thing for blog Thanks to Bloggiesta, I did a heck of a lot more than just one.

As far as my September TBR list, I veered off the path. I read 4 of the pre-planned books. I'm not sure why I make this list, I never follow it. I read depending on my many moods.

BLOG RECAP:

Total blog entries: 29

Books read in September:
1.Shadow and Bone (Leigh Bardugo) 5/5
2. Sisterhood Everlasting (Ann Brashares)  5/5
3. Scarlet (A.C. Gaughen) 3.5/5
4. Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist (Rachel Cohn & David Levithan) 4/5
5. The Goddess Test (Aimee Carter) 1.5/5
6. Wanderlove (Kirsten Hubbard) 4/5
7. The Reluctant Amazon (Sandy James)  2.5/5
8. Botanicaust (Tam Linsey) 3/5
9. Daughter of the Centaurs (Kate Klimo) 2.5/5
10. Slammed (Colleen Hoover) 4.5/5
11. Under the Never Sky (Veronica Rossi) 5/5
12. The Summer I Turned Pretty (Jenny Han) 5/5
13. It's Not Summer Without You (Jenny Han) 5/5
14. We'll Always Have Summer (Jenny Han) 5/5
15. Uglies (Scott Westerfeld) 4/5

Total My Thoughts posts:  9

Favorite Read: As you can tell by my ratings I loved most of the books I read this month. I'll say the one that stands out and makes me stoked for the next one would be Under the Never Sky. I can't get this book out of my head!!

Least Favorite Read:  The Goddess Test...to say I was disappointed would be an understatement. You can read my thoughts on it here

Favorite Quote(s):
"He is transparently simple, this one, and unexpectedly complicated. And radiantly beautiful." -Seraphina

"She's cinematic and I'm a fucking sitcom." -Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist

"Maybe you think you'll be entitled to more happiness later by forgoing all of it now, but it doesn't work that way. Happiness takes as much practice as unhappiness does. It's by living that you live more. By waiting you wait more. Every waiting day makes your life a little less. Every lonely day makes you a little smaller. Every day you put off your life makes you less capable of living it."            -Sisterhood Everlasting

New Followers: 10!!! Oh my gosh, super stoked about this!

Favorite thing about September: On a bloggish front that would DEF be BLOGGIESTA. On a personal note....I GOT A NEW JOB! I should start sometime towards the middle-end of October.


So. In a nutshell. September has left me feeling a bit like this:



2 comments:

  1. Hey, congrats! It's pretty cool that you seem to have become more involved in blogging this month than any month prior. I hope you have been enjoying the experience! And wow, that is a lot of books to have read in one month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dude! I usually don't get through that many books in a month but I was on a roll! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete