This month I read the MOST books I have EVER read in a month!! I just can't believe it. I don't know what got into me! But I likes it!!
I read some awesome books and I read some duds. I've been really slacking with posting reviews the last couple months and hope to improve on that.
Without further adoooo..
In April I read..... 17 books and 4 novellas!! WHAT?!?! I also had one DNF. WOOT.
Here's all the books I read in April:
1. Second Chance Summer (Morgan Matson) -I didn't love this one AS much as Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, but it was still really good. 4/5
2. Rootless (Chris Howard) - I HATED this book. BIG TIME letdown. 1/5
3. Poison (Bridget Zinn) - This was pretty good, actually pretty funny. 3.5/5
4. Silver Linings Playbook (Matthew Quick) - Really enjoyable, so SYKED to see the movie! 4/5
5. Bunheads (Sophie Flack) - This one was disappointing. Boringly predictable. 3/5
6. Beta (Rachel Cohn) - The world that this author created was fantastically vivid. I really enjoyed it, but didn't completely fall for the characters. Still interested for future books. 3.75/5
7. Butter (Erin Jade Lange) - I shared a lot of the main character's pain. It wasn't completely believable, but it was a quick read. 3.5/5
8. Sweet Evil (Wendy Higgins) - Awesomely surprised with how much I ended up loving this book. 5/5
9. Darkness Becomes Her (Kelly Keaton) - Another book I wasn't expecting to love as much as I did. 4.5/5
10. Firelight (Sophie Jordan) - The first time I read this book it got a 5/5, upon my re-read several years later it gets a 3.5/5.
11. Vanish (Sophie Jordan) - The series takes a serious nosedive with the annoying main characters. 3/5
12. Hidden (Sophie Jordan) - Disappointing series. 2.5/5
13. Easy (Tammara Webber) - Okay, I was not expecting to completely FALL for this book. 5/5
14. My Life Next Door (Huntley Fitzpatrick) - Another great read. 4/5
15. Dr. Bird's Advice for Sad Poets (Evan Roskos) - LOVED. I marked like the whole book as my favorite. I identified very much with the main character's feelings. 5/5
16. The Boyfriend List (e.Lockhart) - Would have liked this more if I was about 15 years younger. 3/5
17. The Maze Runner (James Dashner) - A slow start but once it took off I couldn't put it down! Action-packed! 4/5
The 4 Novellas I read are set before the book Throne of Glass. They gave some great background on Celaena and some of the other characters and I developed a deeper connection with Celaena. Definitely worth reading for anyone who enjoyed Throne of Glass. Overall, 3.5/5
Favorite Cover of the Month:
(This was a hard choice, there are several covers I love)
Favorite Read(s) of the Month:
Top Ten Tuesday:
That's it for April. Overall, a VERY productive reading month! I'm making some progress on my personal challenges. I'll post a mini-update later this week regarding those.
I've been getting a little stressed out and feeling guilty about all the un-read books I own . I wish that I had been more careful with my buying. Mostly because I want my library to contain all books that I really like/love. Which means I should have visited the library more or been more selective about the books i bought because I def have a bunch that I will NEVER read again and don't even want anymore. I want to get to the point where I only have a very small amount that I haven't read. So I'm doing my best to scale back on the book buying (not a complete ban, just scale back) so I have to read the books I already own. We'll see how well that works out. I'm starting to make a dent in them though!